Never Forget!

Naruto Faction Chat Thread #9 [A Storm of Swords]

Jec
    Academy Ninja: Genin Candidate

Re: Naruto Faction Chat Thread #9 [A Storm of Swords]

Post by Jec on Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:25 pm

According to the image they released of their Dear Leader doing plans, they're gonna bomb Austin, TX....
    Also, they're missiles could in fact hit many US bases in the pacific. Of course any attack of NK on US territories would be an act of suicide.

Academy Ninja: Student

Post by ShadowB on Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:34 pm

Jec since you are a economist is there any beneficial resource that US could want from North Korea?

Jec

Post by Jec on Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:54 pm

ShadowB wrote:Jec since you are a economist is there any beneficial resource that US could want from North Korea?

Nope, no oil. If they did they would've invaded ages ago. That's why they are asking for a peaceful resolution.

If war breaks out it would be a disaster, sure the US and South Korea would win hands down but the aftermath would be bad. Let's not forget that NK does in fact posses nuclear weapons and if they are invaded I can see them using them, the nuclear fallout would be bad for the entire Korean Peninsula and not to mention China and Japan would possibly have to deal with millions of refugees. That's why those two nations are also calling for restraint.

Post by kcdjedi on Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:00 pm

ShadowB wrote:Jec since you are a economist is there any beneficial resource that US could want from North Korea?
    Every country has SOME economic value. However, it has a fantastic strategic value on the peninsula and in Asia in general.

Post by ExcessKarnage18 on Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:56 pm

Anyone know when the Supreme Court is supposed to make a decision regarding DOMA and prop 8 (gay marriage)?

Post by ShadowB on Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:11 pm

Jec wrote:

Nope, no oil. If they did they would've invaded ages ago. That's why they are asking for a peaceful resolution.

If war breaks out it would be a disaster, sure the US and South Korea would win hands down but the aftermath would be bad. Let's not forget that NK does in fact posses nuclear weapons and if they are invaded I can see them using them, the nuclear fallout would be bad for the entire Korean Peninsula and not to mention China and Japan would possibly have to deal with millions of refugees. That's why those two nations are also calling for restraint.

That what i figured because the request for peace war seem so praised.. So i figured the resources were non existed. However i would thought that using North Korea as a trade district..But it wouldn't be worth the cause, if they used nuclear bombs destroying large proportions of America.

ShadowB

Post by ShadowB on Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:13 pm

kcdjedi wrote:
    Every country has SOME economic value. However, it has a fantastic strategic value on the peninsula and in Asia in general.

Yea you could say that.. But i guess my question should be revised to " Are the resources/strategic value worth getting bombed for?" Lol

kcdjedi

Post by kcdjedi on Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:43 pm

ExcessKarnage18 wrote:Anyone know when the Supreme Court is supposed to make a decision regarding DOMA and prop 8 (gay marriage)?

I believe it's June or July, several months, anyway. Typically they take their sweet time deciding on things.

ShadowB wrote:
    kcdjedi wrote:

Yea you could say that.. But i guess my question should be revised to " Are the resources/strategic value worth getting bombed for?" Lol

We have to assume that they will attempt to bomb us to begin with, and that we don't start the fight. But that doesn't sound like the U.S. now does it.

Post by Jec on Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:04 pm

As much as I hate to admit it a big part of me wants that freaking dictatorship ended. Koreans don't even know people have landed on the moon! That oppression is disgusting. Sadly the only way for that to end will result in a lot of deaths and even more poverty...

Post by kcdjedi on Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:16 pm

Jec wrote:As much as I hate to admit it a big part of me wants that freaking dictatorship ended. Koreans don't even know people have landed on the moon! That oppression is disgusting. Sadly the only way for that to end will result in a lot of deaths and even more poverty...

Unfortunately, yes. I doubt (with the amount of cultural brainwashing in NK) even deposing the entire government body would solve the problem, and they would probably revert back to the current system. It would take a lot more work than the U.S. is willing to invest right now for it to be run either by a fresh government, or with a sort of reunification with SK. The latter is obviously going to be the easiest, and probably best choice long-term.

Post by Jec on Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:24 pm

The problem is that the government has brainwashed their citizens to Satanize the south and any other foreign force despite the fact that they depend on foreign help for food and medicine since their no good government rather spend all money on weapons and the army rather than feeding the extremely poor. The reason why NK has such huge army is because people enlist to be fed.

Post by Jec on Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:26 pm

ExcessKarnage18 wrote:Anyone know when the Supreme Court is supposed to make a decision regarding DOMA and prop 8 (gay marriage)?

What's the matter? Can't get married?

Post by kcdjedi on Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:20 pm

Jec wrote:The problem is that the government has brainwashed their citizens to Satanize the south and any other foreign force despite the fact that they depend on foreign help for food and medicine since their no good government rather spend all money on weapons and the army rather than feeding the extremely poor. The reason why NK has such huge army is because people enlist to be fed.

And people here in the States get arrested just to have food and shelter.

Link

Post by Link on Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:38 pm

Playing DMC4 after having played rising revengeance and bayonetta feels so slow and clumsy

and yeah I don't like the way MGS V is heading at all, we'll see when the actual game releases
    Cyan

Post by Cyan on Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:57 pm

Anbu

Post by Sai on Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:10 pm

Jet wrote:New qotsa album
    I've been following them since Rated R. I'll be looking forward to it.

ShadowB

Post by ShadowB on Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:14 pm

Link wrote:Playing DMC4 after having played rising revengeance and bayonetta feels so slow and clumsy

and yeah I don't like the way MGS V is heading at all, we'll see when the actual game releases

Lol because Platinum know how to make games... IMO DMC4 was terrible.. Ground Zero/Phantom Pain =MGSV to clarify

FullmetalHeart
    Genin Ninja: Chunin Candidate

Post by FullmetalHeart on Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:18 pm

So the KKK had a rally in town today. They came to protest the name change of 3 Confederate Parks. Only 61 of a supposed 1000's showed up. Maybe because they were banned from wearing their hoods. A anti-kkk protester from michigan was arrested. Thinking

Hokage

Location : Lend me the Power to bring about the World Restoration!!!

Post by Jet on Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:43 pm

kcdjedi wrote:
    Jet wrote:Asha greyjoy should've been hot
    Ygritte should not have been hot. I have far more interest in Jon Snow than any other character, and they had to cast a gorgeous woman for that role. T-T I already know I'm going to cry when. . .

As for Theon, I have no pity for him. I'm mostly done with ASOS, so I don't know everything that's going to happen with him, BUT so far he deserves the 'hospitality' of the Boltons.
    Jon snow is my favorite character. I don't really think ygritte is all that attractive either. Have you heard of the theories of snows parentage? I've heard of
    Spoiler:
    lyanna stark and rhaegar targaryen
    and it's very well supported. Specially with all the subtle clues and hints in book 1.

As for theon...read book 5. That's all I have to say until someone can read what I've read.

Hokage

Post by Jet on Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:49 pm

June I heard. The opposition to gay marriage is so weak now,

Chunin Ninja: Veteran

Post by Chakramaster on Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:50 pm

ShadowB wrote:
    Jec wrote:

That what i figured because the request for peace war seem so praised.. So i figured the resources were non existed. However i would thought that using North Korea as a trade district..But it wouldn't be worth the cause, if they used nuclear bombs destroying large proportions of America.

if they truly meant to do something it would've happened by now in my opinion. Long as we don't strike them w/o cause to truly attack there's no means to do anything. Our allies would be supporting us as well. Our defenses on the Pacific wouldn't allow for them to get far either. As for those closer to NK there's no telling. Attacks on places such as Japan could be close at hand for all we know. Cause many Americans live there as well. I doubt that leader of theirs would even try it though as yeah...it'd be suicide for them to do anything. They may have "working" missals/bombs, but they can only go so far while ours can go around the world.

NK is just being all talk and no threat right now. That's it...just my standpoint view there. It's very unlikely anything will happen...unless something like the new Red Dawn movie happens....

Post by Jec on Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:20 pm

Jet wrote:
    kcdjedi wrote:
    Ygritte should not have been hot. I have far more interest in Jon Snow than any other character, and they had to cast a gorgeous woman for that role. T-T I already know I'm going to cry when. . .

As for Theon, I have no pity for him. I'm mostly done with ASOS, so I don't know everything that's going to happen with him, BUT so far he deserves the 'hospitality' of the Boltons.
    Jon snow is my favorite character. I don't really think ygritte is all that attractive either. Have you heard of the theories of snows parentage? I've heard of
    Spoiler:
    and it's very well supported. Specially with all the subtle clues and hints in book 1.

As for theon...read book 5. That's all I have to say until someone can read what I've read.

It makes sense

Spoiler:
    Ned promised his sister something didn't he?, I'm guessing it's the typical "Keep him safe" promise. Considering the context, he couldn't have come out and said he was Targaryen, seeing as he would have legitimate claim to the throne then he would most likely been killed. Instead Ned took him as his bastard sacrificing his own relationship with his wife.

That's what I think anyways.

Post by JayJay1401 on Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:09 pm

Welp apparently Lone took me up on my offer. So yup yup It's whatever since Lone already has Playstation Plus but all I need is someone to buy/ purchase the stuff whenever I get underway for my account... Lone is most likely the safest bet anyway so... yea... I will get in touch with you later about it good sir since I'm back in port.

Post by Guest on Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:35 pm

Alright, cool.

Jet wrote:
    Jec wrote:Anyone following the "North Korea Crisis"?
    I've been. ever since the crazy basketball player went there. Apparently they've been threatening to nuke US? Even made a commercial of a Korean man dreaming about dropping bombs on the US
    I wonder how much Vice and Dennis Rodman going there actually helped to spark this conflict... Outside political influence is a big fear of the NK regime and their control over their people, which could be why they mad tho.

I feel most sorry for the North Korean people. Their leaders are like weak little bullies trying to fight against those that have things better than them, while they fail to realize they could easily have what other countries have not just while treating their people better but by treating their people better.

You guys should watch the Vice videos about North Korea if you're interested in this conflict.

Jec wrote:According to the image they released of their Dear Leader doing plans, they're gonna bomb Austin, TX....
    Also, they're missiles could in fact hit many US bases in the pacific. Of course any attack of NK on US territories would be an act of suicide.

Don't we have anti-missle defense systems anyway? I'm not sure we need to fear their missles... unless they're shooting nukes.

http://www.budgettravel.com/blog/video-watch-an-airplanes-anti-missile-laser-in-action,10874/
    Jet
    Hokage
    Hokage

Post by Jet on Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:51 pm

Jec wrote:
    Jet wrote:
    kcdjedi wrote:

Spoiler:

It makes sense

Spoiler:
    Ned promised his sister something didn't he?, I'm guessing it's the typical "Keep him safe" promise. Considering the context, he couldn't have come out and said he was Targaryen, seeing as he would have legitimate claim to the throne then he would most likely been killed. Instead Ned took him as his bastard sacrificing his own relationship with his wife.

That's what I think anyways.
    it was also because of roberts hate for targaryens. And when you think back on Ned opposing the killing of daenerys, a child it makes his outrage contribute to the theory. Robert turned away during the deposing of the mad kings children, no doubt he wouldnt be above it then.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:36 pm